The Lake Catholic Alumni Association is proud to announce that the 2020-2021 Legacy Scholarship application window has opened. This scholarship celebrates the legacy of being a Lake Catholic Cougar and rewards and recognizes students with alumni family members for being outstanding student examples at school and outside of school. The Alumni Association Legacy Scholarship awards scholarships to students whose parents, guardians, or grandparents are LC Alumni.
In addition to continuing the three $1,000 Legacy Scholarships awarded in the 2019-2020 school year, we will be awarding three additional $1,000 scholarships! All legacy students from each grade level (Classes of 2021, 2022, 2023, and 2024) will be eligible to apply for the scholarship this year and they will be awarded as follows:
- Two freshman students (Class of 2024)
- 1 Wild Card = all legacy students are eligible to apply for a scholarship and will be competing with all grades
The Lake Catholic Alumni Association Legacy Scholarship is renewable on an annual basis.
The 2019-2020 recipients, who received a $1,000 scholarship, renewable annually while attending Lake Catholic High School were:
- Class of 2020 – Grace Mohr (Michael and Jennifer Radwanick Hess ’95 and Christopher Mohr)
- Class of 2021 – Kailyn Krahe (Gregory ’90 and Jennifer Arena Krahe ’90)
- Class of 2022 – Carmen LoConti (Henry and Lisa Lauric LoConti ’86)
- Class of 2023 – Aidan Fitzgerald (Greg ’86 and Nancy Fitzgerald)
More than 40 legacy students submitted applications last year. The application process involves students writing two essays, choosing from optional questions provided.
All scholarship submissions are reviewed by a committee of alumni led by Jennifer Kutas-DeNiro ’87. Committee members include:
Chelsea Berg '13
Brenda Marjak Harris '76
Lucia Matson Knowles '87
Sean Saari '02
Gina Randazzo-Stenger '96
Joann (Jonke) Woodbridge '76
We look forward to receiving outstanding applications from legacy students by the deadline of December 9th, 2020. Thank you in advance to all students submitting applications and to their parents for choosing to invest in a Lake Catholic education.
Once A Cougar, Always A Cougar!