This page will list all Lake Catholic and outside organization scholarship opportunities for current students. Only scholarships that are currently open will be listed.
2024 Martin T. Galvin Memorial Scholarship
In 2018 the Lawyers Guild of the Catholic Diocese of Cleveland established the Martin T. Galvin Memorial Scholarship Fund in conjunction with the Catholic Community Foundation. The Reminger Foundation granted $10,000 toward the creation of this scholarship to honor their departed colleague and friend Marty Galvin.
Marty was a past president of the Lawyers Guild of the Catholic Diocese of Cleveland and a practicing attorney with Reminger from 2001 until his passing in 2018. He was a devoted husband, father and friend.
To provide scholarship assistance to a student enrolled in a high school providing a Catholic education within the Diocese of Cleveland in the Fall of 2024.
Students may reapply annually. The amount of the scholarship to be awarded will be determined by the funding available.
- Has a family member who is a member of the Catholic Lawyers Guild or a parent who is an attorney practicing law in the Diocese of Cleveland.
- Are currently enrolled in a Catholic high school within the Diocese of Cleveland;
- Are registered at a parish in the Diocese;
- Are participating members of their school and/or community.
- Applicants must complete the STUDENT-APPLICANT sections of the application which includes a listing of EXTRA-CURRICULAR activities and a written ESSAY. Students must also select someone to complete the LETTER of RECOMMENDATION and ask their PRINCIPAL to complete page four.
- Email (preferred) the application by March 15, 2024 to email@example.com
Or mail to:
The Martin T. Galvin Memorial Scholarship Fund
Catholic Diocese of Cleveland
1404 East Ninth Street – 7th Floor
Cleveland, OH 44114
- JANUARY: The Office of Catechetical Education will make applications available through the Digital Academy. The Catholic Community Foundation will promote the scholarship opportunity to Lawyers Guild members and make applications available on the Catholic Community Foundation website: catholiccommunity.org/for-advisors/lawyersguild
- MARCH 15: Application deadline. If the deadline falls on a weekend, you have until the following Monday to submit your application. Applications must be postmarked March 15th or earlier.
- MID-MAY: The Recipient will be notified.
- OCTOBER: The recipient of the scholarship will be acknowledged at the 2024 Red Mass luncheon following the 10:30 a.m. Red Mass at the Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist. The recipient and parents will be invited to attend the Mass and luncheon.
Contact Kristen Craig at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (216) 696-6525, Ext. 4440
2024 Fund a Dream
Fund A Dream (FAD) is a special tuition assistance scholarship program crafted to support Catholic education. Through this initiative, donors are paired with deserving students. Each student is granted a $2,500 scholarship, significantly reducing their annual tuition fees for one school year.
FAD is open to students from grades K-12 who demonstrate financial need and fulfill the specified criteria for assistance.
What information and steps are required to apply for a Fund A Dream Tuition Assistance?
- Go online to www.catholiccommunity.org/FAD to access the application portal.
- Review the school liaison contact list and locate the school(s) you are enrolled in.
- If you have children at different schools, you must complete an application for each school.
- Enter the application portal and complete the required information.
- Your school liaison will then review your application to notify the Fund A Dream office if you are eligible for a FAD scholarship.
- If you are eligible for FAD, your application will be reviewed by the Fund A Dream office. You will be notified via email of your application status.
- Note Important Filing Information: The Fund A Dream application opens on January 8, 2024. The deadline to apply is March 25, 2024.
2024 Knights of Columbus Ferdinand P Goll Memorial Scholarship
St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Council 11464 Knights of Columbus and Global Vocabulary LLC, invite your students to apply for The Ferdinand P. Goll Memorial Scholarship. This $500.00 scholarship will be awarded to a student who is attending a local Catholic high school. Each applicant writes an essay responding to the question, "What a Catholic education means to me?” Additionally, the applicant must provide a detailed list of church-related, school, and community service activities. The winner is selected by a panel of knights and a Goll family member and is required to be present to receive the award on Sunday, June 2, 2024, at the 9a Mass at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Church, 25801 Royalton Road, Columbia Station.
If you wish to apply for this opportunity, please stop by the Business Office and pick up an application.
Deadline April 15, 2024.
Discover Lake Catholic
Discover yourself, your faith, your future, your purpose. Become a member of the Lake Catholic Family.