National Honor Society (NHS) is the nation’s premier organization established to recognize outstanding high school students in the areas of scholarship, leadership, service and character. Our chapter of the NHS at Lake Catholic requires that members take on additional responsibilities of leadership and service, as explained below.
You must meet these requirements in order to apply for NHS membership:
- You have a cumulative GPA of 3.45 or higher.
- You have completed 40 service hours and submitted them to Campus Ministry by March 23, 2023.
- You have a good disciplinary record at Lake Catholic (no suspensions).
Responsibilities of Members
Once you are accepted into the NHS, you must fulfill the following responsibilities in order to maintain your
membership in the NHS:
- Attend monthly meetings, which will be held on late start Mondays.
- Maintain a good disciplinary record (no suspensions).
- Maintain a 3.45 GPA or above.
Failure to fulfill these responsibilities will render you ineligible to continue your membership in the NHS for the
following school year. Seniors who do not fulfill these requirements will not receive a cord at graduation.
Applications are open in March for interested sophomores and juniors.
Discover Lake Catholic
Discover yourself, your faith, your future, your purpose. Become a member of the Lake Catholic Family.