Founded in 1970, Lake Catholic High School offers a faith based, co-ed college preparatory program to a total enrollment of 453 students in grades 9-12. Lake Catholic High School is accredited by the Ohio Catholic School Accrediting Association.
Located in Mentor, Ohio, Lake Catholic High School is situated on 35 beautiful acres of land is a 15-minute drive east of Cleveland
PROVIDING A STELLAR EDUCATION TO STUDENTS ALL OVER NORTHEAST OHIO AND BEYOND!
Over the years, Lake Catholic has provided a strong foundation of education for students from Lake, Geauga, Cuyahoga, Ashtabula, Medina and Summit counties. We are proud to educate students from around the world through our growing International Students program. Of the more than 10,000 alumni, 98% have gone on to college.
LIVING OUR CORE VALUES
Students are challenged to live our core values of:
- Commitment to excellence
- A spirit of respect and compassion
- Personal integrity
- A willingness to serve
As part of their requirements for graduation, all students are required to perform and document community service over their four years.
CREATING EXTRAORDINARY FUTURES
Lake Catholic students create their own extraordinary future through a wealth of opportunities in spiritual life, guidance, academic clubs and activities, the fine and performing arts and interscholastic athletics. This collective experience enables students to discover God by discovering their true, complete self.
- Lake Catholic CEEB Code: 363373
- Class of 2024 Enrollment: 128
- Graduation Date: May 24, 2024
- Advance Placement: 9
- Honors: 21
- School Day: Semester System - Eleven, 42 minute periods including lunch
In order to graduate from Lake Catholic High School, a student must have a minimum of 25 credits (1 credit = 2 semesters). These graduation requirements include coursework mandated by the State of Ohio Department of Education and several additional courses required by Lake Catholic High School. The distribution is as follows:
- 4.0 Theology
- 4.0 English
- 4.0 Mathematics
- 3.0 Social Studies
- 3.0 Science
- 2.0 World Languages
- 1.0 Fine & Performing Arts
- 0.5 Physical Education
- 0.5 Health
- 0.5 Financial Literacy
- 2.5 Electives
25 TOTAL CREDITS
In order to meet the required 25 total credits for graduation, electives are to be selected. The elective units can be chosen from fine arts, performing arts, technology, world language, or other department courses not otherwise required. Beyond the required credits, students must also do the following:
- Pass the IOWA or meet state minimum scores on the ACT.
- Complete 50 hours of community service.
A+ – 99-100%
A – 94-98%
A- – 92-93%
B+ – 90-91%
B – 85-89%
B- – 83-84%
C+ – 81-82%
C – 76-80%
C- – 74-75%
D+ – 72-73%
D – 67-71%
D- – 65-66%
F – Below 65%
Note: Courses with the designation of Honors or Advanced Placement receive a .5 weight when the grade point average is calculated.
CLASS OF 2023 MATRICULATION DATA
- Number of Students in the Class of 2023: 103
- Number who will attend a 4-year college: 79
- Number who will attend a 2-year college: 10
- Number who will attend a Trade School: 4
- Number who will enter the workforce: 3
- Number who will take a gap year: 2
- Enlisted in the Armed Services: 0
- Number of 4-year colleges they will attend: 27
- Number of different states where they will attend: 5
- Number of different countries where they will attend: 3
- Total amount of scholarship dollars received: $10.1 million (more than $98,000 per student)
Discover Lake Catholic
Discover yourself, your faith, your future, your purpose. Become a member of the Lake Catholic Family.