Position Opening: Principal
Lake Catholic High School, founded in 1970, is a coeducational comprehensive high school with a college preparatory emphasis. Lake Catholic is committed to educating young men and women of diverse interests and abilities. With a population of approximately 500 students in grades nine through twelve, Lake Catholic High School emphasizes formation in the Catholic faith as students are encouraged to learn, work and think for themselves in an environment that fosters the core values of a commitment to excellence, personal integrity, a spirit of respect and compassion and a willingness to serve others.
- A practicing Catholic who upholds the teachings and traditions of the Catholic Church.
- Master’s degree in administration and valid Secondary School licensure or equivalent preferred.
- Five (5) years teaching experience, preferably in a Catholic high school.
- Three (3) years administrative experience, preferably in a Catholic high school.
- Experience in the supervision and coordination of spiritual activities, educational instruction, curriculum, and school‐parent activities.
- Experience in fiscal and personnel management as it relates to the instructional program.
- Knowledge, experience working with government programs related to education.
- Knowledge, experience preparing annual State, Diocesan, North Central Association, and OCSAA reports.
- Experience in the using multiple sources of data as diagnostic tools to assess, identify and apply instructional improvement.
- Commitment to lead in an environment that is flexible, collaborative, innovative and supportive of efforts to improve achievement of all students.
- Experience in utilizing and integrating technology in a school setting.
Direct and guide the academic quality and integrity of the school
- Serves as the instructional leader responsible for all aspects of the academic program.
- Coordinates and supervises curriculum development and instructional planning.
- Observes and evaluates educational personnel; Monitors all pupil personnel systems.
Enhance the culture and mission of the school
- Supports mission effectiveness and faith leadership in keeping with the Catholic Church tradition.
- Leads with the dean of students, a process by which student behavior contributes to a positive school culture
- Leads with the director of guidance, the personal planning and development of each student
Serve as a steward of the success and longevity of the school
- Assists with the implementation of the strategic plan.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as requested by the Office of Catholic Education and the Office of Catechetical Formation.
- Develops admission and retention programs that support healthy enrollment management. Build relationships internally and externally
- Leads faculty and staff in day to day operations and overall effectiveness of the school
- Interacts proactively with all constituents of Lake Catholic.
Reports to: Associate Superintendent of Secondary Schools, Diocese of Cleveland
To Apply: Please submit cover letter, resume, three references and completed Diocese of Cleveland Employment Application, to Mark Crowley, President or Jen D’Amico, Human Resources. Subject Line: Lake Catholic Principal. Deadline: June 1, 2022
Position Opening: Advancement Service Coordinator
The Advancement Services Coordinator is directly responsible for overseeing all aspects of the donor database (Raiser’s Edge CRM), including, but not limited to: processing all gifts and acknowledgements; maintaining accurate donor records, updating on an ongoing basis, building and running reports, tracking/recording moves management and stewardship efforts and maintaining profiles for top tier donors and prospects. The Advancement Services Coordinator is also responsible for fully managing direct mail initiatives.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as non-profit management, educational advancement, communications, sales or marketing preferred, in a Catholic educational setting a plus.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in nonprofit development is highly preferred.
- Strong commitment to the mission of the Diocese of Cleveland and Catholic Church
- Ability to successfully pass a background/criminal history check, and VIRTUS certification
- Experience in fundraising database management and gift entry procedures along with knowledge of Blackbaud Raiser's Edge preferred. Experience with digital platforms also preferred
- Alumni of and/or possess a significant history with Lake Catholic High School
- Strong work ethic, excellent organizational, planning and prioritizing skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Comfortable working independently with little direction, with confidentiality and discretion
- Thorough experience and knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Maintain and update database of donors and prospects, including entering data, editing information, and preparing letters and other materials and correspondence from Raiser’s Edge database, involves merging information and documents using multiple Microsoft Office programs.
- Organize and maintain constituent records and data within the database accurately and in a timely manner. Create new constituent records as needed.
- Manage donor and prospect information, tracking notes and research in the database.
- Ensure accurate entry of all gifts and pledges into database; reconcile gift entry with Finance Department on monthly and annual basis.
- Develop a record keeping and filing system to ensure development information is organized and easily disseminated to staff and key stakeholders.
- Prepare, coordinate and implement direct mail segment of Annual Fund campaign, compile donor acquisition lists through print and internet research resources, conduct donor stratification to build more comprehensive donor profiles and targeted direct mailing strategies.
- The Advancement Services Coordinator will also assist in the process of preparing and tracking solicitations and conduct prospect research.
- Ensure timely acknowledgement of advancement program gifts.
- Generate campaign reports and prospect and donor lists as required.
- The Advancement Services Coordinator will prepare daily, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports and manage online giving components of annual campaign.
- Provide assistance in managing grants - tracking, submission and reporting requirements, coordinate timely and thorough completion and submission of interim and final reports
- Event Management and Administrative Support
- Provide administrative support, coordination, and general support for alumni and fundraising events
- Assist in the development and dissemination of brochures, annual report, invitations, fact sheets and other advancement materials printed internally or externally
- Conduct research on corporate, individual and foundation donors and prospects as needed.
External Affairs Operational Support
Additional responsibilities in support of the External Affairs (Advancement, Admissions, Marketing) team will include participating in donor acquisition, cultivation, stewardship and recognition activities and assisting with the overall preparation for events, meeting and conferences as needed.
To Apply: Please submit cover letter, resume, three references and completed Diocese of Cleveland Employment Application, to Mark Crowley, President at email@example.com