Director of Enrollment
The Catholic Diocese of Cleveland was founded on April 23, 1847. Under the leadership of the Most Reverend Edward G. Malesic, Bishop of Cleveland, it is the twenty-third largest Diocese in the United States. The Diocese encompasses the counties of Cuyahoga, Summit, Lorain, Lake, Geauga, Medina, Wayne, and Ashland. With more than 692,000 Catholics in the Diocese, the Catholic Charities- Diocese of Cleveland is one of the world's largest diocesan systems of social services. The Diocese includes 185 parishes, 110 Catholic schools, one pastoral center, and one mission office. The cathedral is the Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist, located in downtown Cleveland. Please go to its website for more information about our Diocese's mission, persons, and ministries.
The Office of Catholic Education provides expertise, experience, and energy to lead and assist those who carry out the education ministries of the Diocese of Cleveland. In steadfast support of our over 40,000 students and their families, the Office works to ensure that each School can deliver strong, positive, vibrant Catholic education for continued growth in academic excellence and faith formation.
Lake Catholic High School, founded in 1970, is a coeducational comprehensive high school with a college preparatory emphasis. Lake Catholic is committed to educating young men and women of diverse means and ability throughout Northeast Ohio. With a population of nearly 500 students in grades nine through twelve and international students from a half dozen countries, Lake Catholic High School emphasizes spiritual growth in the Catholic faith as students learn, work, and serve.
Diocese of Cleveland High Schools
As one of five schools owned and operated by the Diocese of Cleveland, Lake Catholic functions under a President/Principal model of school administration. The Principal is the school's chief academic officer, supported by an Assistant Principal, Dean of Academics, and other staff, including guidance, athletics, and all faculty. The President serves as the chief of business operations, supported by the Director of Advancement, Chief Financial Officer, Director of Marketing, Director of Buildings & Grounds, and additional staff members responsible for marketing, communications, building maintenance, and advancement.
The Catholic Diocese of Cleveland and Lake Catholic High School are pleased to accept applications for the role of Director of Enrollment.
The primary function of the Director of Enrollment is to develop and execute strategies for the recruitment and registration of students at Lake Catholic High School.
- Lead Admissions team to develop a professional and personalized recruiting strategy to engage prospective students and their families regularly and effectively from initial contact through orientation.
- Develop effective recruitment strategies of international students by establishing professional relationships with global student recruitment agencies to allow for a broad worldly experience for all students at Lake Catholic.
- Work with members of the advancement and communications teams to develop and execute an integrated marketing and communications plan.
- Lead the school’s admissions process in compliance with all relevant rules and regulations, and in partnership with all the members of the school community and specifically with the finance office.
- Plan and execute active outreach efforts to cultivate relationships with partner elementary schools, parishes, and other sources of prospective students.
- Organize and lead activities such as prospective student testing and recruitment activities including tours, open houses, presentations at partner elementary schools, high school night presentations, and prospective student visiting programs, as well as conceiving and implementing summer and other programs to engage prospective students.
- Serve on financial aid team to assist in making decisions about tuition assistance and/or scholarships.
- Collect and analyze pertinent data necessary for data-driven decisions and planning.
- Organize, implement, and oversee school registration events and orientation events for new students during the summer and throughout the year.
- Collect and prepare records, including all available admissions testing data, for appropriate faculty and staff for scheduling and placement purposes.
- Train student ambassadors and moderate ambassador program.
- Other duties as assigned by the president.
- Familiarity with Catholic teachings, values, and formation of students in Catholic schools. The ability to support the mission and values of the Catholic Church and align speech and behavior with Catholic teachings and values.
- Bachelor’s degree in student services or student development, education, administration, business management, marketing, or other relevant degree. A Master’s degree is preferred.
- Two to three years of experience of leading and supervising high-performing teams.
- Two to three years of experience in serving in educational administration, enrollment management, recruitment services, admissions, marketing, or other relevant division.
- Excellent written and verbal communication knowledge and skills.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve goals and results, to include building successful and supportive relationships with parish and community partners, potential students, students’ families, and internal stakeholders.
- Demonstrated success in meeting deadlines on multiple, concurrent projects.
- Success and continuous commitment to details and compliance related to admissions, testing, and international students.
- Experience in data research and data analysis for designing project or program strategy.
- Reliable transportation for travel throughout Lake County and surrounding counties as needed.
- Availability and ability to perform responsibilities during the day as well as nights and weekends as required.
Candidates choosing to apply should submit a cover letter, resume, and a completed Diocese of Cleveland Employment Application to Paul Hudak, Human Resources. In the subject line, please enter: Lake Catholic Director of Enrollment.
The formal review of all completed submitted materials listed above to identify candidates for interview will begin after December 31, 2023.
Reports to: Principal
Founded in 1970, Lake Catholic High School is a coeducational comprehensive high school with a college preparatory emphasis. Lake Catholic is committed to educating young men and women of diverse means and ability throughout Northeast Ohio. With a population of roughly 500 students in grades nine through twelve, Lake Catholic High School emphasizes spiritual growth in the Catholic Faith as students learn, work, and serve.
Essential Job Functions
- Follows lesson plans
- Maintains a neat and orderly classroom
- Ensures that students are supervised and not left unattended in the classroom
- Maintains accurate attendance records
- Keeps students safe and engaged
- Monitors student progress and assists where needed by keeping proximity
- Maintains existing classroom management and discipline procedures
- Understands building and classroom policy and procedures
- Provides written feedback for the classroom teacher
- Bachelor’s degree - any field
- Clean criminal background
- Three (3) positive professional references
- Experience working with school aged children
- Ohio Department of Education Substitute Teacher License, or higher license.
- FBI & BCI Background checks (cost covered by applicant)
Interested candidates please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references and Employment Application to Principal Thomas McKrill with the subject line: SUBSTITUTE TEACHER
Discover Lake Catholic
Discover yourself, your faith, your future, your purpose. Become a member of the Lake Catholic Family.