Director of Finance
Founded in 1970, Lake Catholic High School is a coeducational comprehensive high school with a college preparatory emphasis. Lake Catholic is committed to educating young men and women of diverse means and ability throughout Northeast Ohio. With a population of some 500 students in grades nine through twelve and international students from a half dozen countries, Lake Catholic High School emphasizes spiritual growth in the Catholic faith as students learn, work, and serve.
As an integral member of the Lake Catholic High School leadership team, the Finance Director is responsible for directing the accounting, finance and human resource functions of the School. The position requires creative thinking, prudent financial planning and the desire/ability to professionally represent the School at both internal and external events. The Finance Director works closely with the Lake Catholic leadership team, the Advisory Board Finance Committee, and Diocesan offices to maintain and improve financial operations. The Finance Director supervises the staff required to carrying out the finance/business functions of the school.
- Prepares all financial statements and other management reports (monthly, quarterly, annually).
- Conducts financial analysis and prepares budget and related projections.
- Responsible for integrity of annual audit. Prepares all documentation and responds to auditor’s requests.
- Forecasts and controls the school’s cash flow and management of credit.
- Implements and completes all accounting processes and relevant reconciliations.
- Oversees the billing and collection of tuition.
- Manages accounts payable and disbursements including year-end tax requirements.
- Manages accounts receivable including banking, cash handling and proper safeguards.
- Administers payroll, benefit, retirement processing and related human resource functions.
- Establishes and maintains an adequate and proper internal control system.
- Oversees transportation manager and overall transportation function
- Oversees the financial administration of government funding programs
- Strong commitment to the values, mission and ministry of the Diocese of Cleveland and Catholic Church
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, or equivalent
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressive experience in Finance or Accounting required
- Must be proficient in computer spreadsheets and other applications
- Self-starter with an ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Human Resource administrative experience, QuickBooks and Paycor skills are strongly desired
- CPA or MBA a plus
Please submit cover letter, resume, three references and completed Diocese of Cleveland Employment Application, to Mark Crowley, President. Subject Line: Lake Catholic Director of Finance
The Catholic Diocese of Cleveland and Lake Catholic High School are pleased to accept applications for the position of President.
Lake Catholic High School is a Diocesan-owned and operated, co-educational, Catholic high school in the Diocese of Cleveland, Ohio. Founded in 1970, it is a premier coeducational Catholic school in the Cleveland area. Rich in history and tradition, Lake Catholic is a college preparatory institution with a current enrollment of 451 students in grades 9-12.
Lake Catholic High School is an educational community centered in the mission of Jesus Christ where young men and women of diverse interests and abilities are encouraged to learn, to work, and to think for themselves.
Lake Catholic High School will strive to educate students in the model of our patron, St. Thomas Aquinas, by preparing its students, faculty and staff to create a culture that embodies love of knowledge, love of persons, and love of God.
Lake Catholic strives to provide a curriculum and an environment that fosters the following core values:
- Commitment to excellence
- Spirit of respect and compassion
- Personal integrity
- Willingness to serve
Lake Catholic High School is fully accredited by the Ohio Catholic School Accrediting Association and maintains its charter through the Ohio Department of Education.
The President works in partnership with the Principal of Lake Catholic, and both report directly to the Associate Superintendent for Secondary Schools in the Office of Catholic Education within the Secretariat of Catholic Education/Superintendent of Schools Office.
- A practicing Catholic in full communion with the Church, able and willing to always give witness to the Catholic faith and demonstrating strong commitment to serving the Lord with gladness.
- Master’s degree in administration or the equivalent. A combination of a bachelor’s degree and additional education, credential, and experience will be considered.
- Successful experience in Institutional Advancement/Development.
- Experience working with a diverse student population.
- Experience in fiscal, facilities, and personnel management.
- Ability to inspire a shared vision across constituencies in a secondary school community.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and public speaking skills toward building relationships that inspire support in the school’s fundraising, program development, and enrollment growth initiatives.
- Acts as an executive officer of the school, responsible to the Catholic Diocese of Cleveland through the Office of Catholic Education for duties and responsibilities assigned to the Office of the President.
- Ensures mission effectiveness and faith leadership in keeping with the Roman Catholic Church tradition.
- Directs the external affairs of the school and acts as the school’s chief fundraiser.
- Serves as liaison for the school in its relationships with the board of advisors, area parishes, elementary schools, alumnae, parents, families, and community partners.
- Acts in unison with the Principal of Lake Catholic, an executive officer of the school, to ensure compliance with the Ohio Catholic School Accrediting Association, as well as ensuring the long-term viability of Lake Catholic.
- Directs the vision and personnel of the Institutional Advancement and Business Departments.
- Ensures sound fiscal management, long-term financial stability and plant viability and improvement.
- Promotes the school and its programs to the extended community.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as requested by the Office of Catholic Education.
Submit resume, cover letter, and completed Diocese of Cleveland application for employment to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line please enter “President Lake Catholic Application Materials.” The search committee plans to begin review of all complete submitted materials on March 1, 2023. The position will remain open until filled.
- Opening Notice –January 19, 2023.
- Review of complete materials submitted begins March 1, 2023.
- Anticipated start date is July 1, 2023.
Reports to: Principal
Founded in 1970, Lake Catholic High School is a coeducational comprehensive high school with a college preparatory emphasis. Lake Catholic is committed to educating young men and women of diverse means and ability throughout Northeast Ohio. With a population of roughly 500 students in grades nine through twelve, Lake Catholic High School emphasizes spiritual growth in the Catholic Faith as students learn, work, and serve.
Essential Job Functions
- Follows lesson plans
- Maintains a neat and orderly classroom
- Ensures that students are supervised and not left unattended in the classroom
- Maintains accurate attendance records
- Keeps students safe and engaged
- Monitors student progress and assists where needed by keeping proximity
- Maintains existing classroom management and discipline procedures
- Understands building and classroom policy and procedures
- Provides written feedback for the classroom teacher
- Bachelor’s degree - any field
- Clean criminal background
- Three (3) positive professional references
- Experience working with school aged children
- Ohio Department of Education Substitute Teacher License, or higher license.
- FBI & BCI Background checks (cost covered by applicant)
Interested candidates please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references and Employment Application to Principal Thomas McKrill with the subject line: SUBSTITUTE TEACHER
Discover Lake Catholic
Discover yourself, your faith, your future, your purpose. Become a member of the Lake Catholic Family.