Tuition and Fees
Tuition for the 2013-2014 school year is $8,800. Lake Catholic continues to have one of the lowest tuitions of all Catholic high schools in the Diocese of Cleveland. The actual cost of educating one student at Lake Catholic is over $10,000. This gap is bridged through a variety of sources including state funding, non-tuition revenue, and more importantly the fund-raising efforts of our Advancement Department. Tuition is prorated by school quarter by students attending for less than a full year.
Tuition Contract & Payment Plans
A tuition contract is required to be signed by the person(s) responsible for paying tuition and submitted to the Business Office by March 31st each year. Contracts are mailed to each family or can be found here. On this contract families select one of the following payment plans:
- Payment-in-Full: Payment in full by July 1st receives a $175 discount.
- Payment-by-Semester: Semester payments by July 1st and January 1st receive $50 discounts.
- Monthly Payment Plan: 11 monthly payments from July through May by automatic withdrawal from a bank account.
- Financing through the Ohio Catholic Credit Union: Various terms with required payoff by May each school year.
A registration fee of $250 for each student is due by March 31st for the following school year. The fee is used to defray the costs of registration and course selection. This fee also provides students with free admission to all home athletic events, student ID and yearbook photo, Student Directory, Program of Studies, The Lakeline (student newspaper), The Forum (literary magazine), The Torch (yearbook) and Student-Parent Handbook. The fee also covers class retreats and Senior Turkey Day. Non-refundable.
A $75 graduation fee is added to each senior's tuition account in July. This fee helps to offset the cost of commencement including the ceremony, cap and gown, diploma with embossed cover, and a final transcript. Non-refundable.
Participation fees help to offset the costs of transportation, officials, uniforms and equipment for each activity. These fees are added to tuition accounts at the beginning of each season. To encourage our students to participate in more than one sport and to ease the financial burden on parents with more than one athlete, the participation fees per family will not exceed $900 per year (not including hockey or marching band).
Course fees may be incurred due to the nature of some courses. For example, certain courses may require a workbook that corresponds with the text and students in art classes may be asked to purchase various supplies. Students are required to buy their own textbooks for religion classes and students in AP classes are required to take the corresponding AP exam at a cost of approximately $90 each.
Lake Catholic offers transportation to students who reside in school districts that do not bus our students to campus. Transportation fees vary based on the type of service required. The current full-year, round-trip fee is $850. Families should complete a transportation enrollment form found here.
Tuition Assistance (Financial Aid)
To be considered for tuition assistance from Lake Catholic High School and the Diocese of Cleveland, families must submit a completed application to Private School Aid Servies (PSAS).
- Complete the application online at www.psas.org/4227.
- Pick up a hard copy of the application by calling or stopping in the Business Office at Lake Catholic. Mail the completed application and processing fee to PSAS (address found on application--DO NOT SUBMIT TO Lake Catholic).
- Families with a new student entering Lake Catholic for the 2014-2015 school year may submit an "early decision" application beginning in October 2013 through mid-January 2014 (utilizing their 2012 tax return).
- Families with only returning students for the 2014-2015 school year can begin applying for tuition assistance in mid-January 2014 (utilizing their 2013 tax return).
- Lake Catholic will continue to award assistance until funds are exhausted but the Diocese of Cleveland has deadlines of March 1 (70% of available funds) and June 1.
- Multi-Student Discounts: Families who are paying tuition for multiple children enrolled simultaneously will receive a $1,000 discount for their second child and a $3,000 discount for their third child. The fourth child enrolled simultaneously is free.
- Alumni Discount: Students who are the children of Lake Catholic alumni receive a $250 discount. Maximum one discount per student, per year.
- Catholic Teacher Discount: Students who are the children of full-time teachers in a Catholic school receive a $1,500 discount. Maximum one discount per student, per year. Families must provide documentation of this full-time employment.